Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Five, 5, Cinco

OK, OK, OK I haven't blogged in a while. Probably not since I went back to work. I work too much, and when I get a day off, I usually don't spend it in front of the computer. I usually have to catch up on all the other stuff.

Anyway Justin tagged me, so I guess I just gotta do this thing. So here goes!

5 things I was doing 5 years ago:

1. My wife and I were living in what around here goes for the country. Trailer, Barn, 10 acres.
2. We had a couple of horses we could ride, kinda, one actually rode me. Down for 30 days.
3. Working the same job I am now, but we worked 8 hr shifts and rotated 3 shifts. now its 12 hr shifts and rotate days/nights.
4.Started hunting up here for the first time in many years. totally different than in Texas.
5. Made more trips to Texas than these days to see my boys.

5 things on my to do list for today:

1. Go to work for a couple of hours(5) to do some project work. Get to set my own hours on this one. finish what i started yesterday.
2. spend some time with wife and Logan after work. Something other than dying on the couch after work.
3. Work in the garden. A little behind on this one and don't see catching up today.
4. Watch Semi-Pro. I like Will Ferrell movies even if they are high schoolish some times.
5. Catch up on sleep tonight, night shift tomorrow, after I try to call the boys.

5 Snacks I enjoy:

1. Ice Cream, almost any kind
2. White Corn chips and Ranch dip
3. Chocolate Whoppers
4. Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies, It's a damn shame they only sell these once a year. Good thing I've got a big deep freezer.
5. Circus Peanuts. The orange marshmallow kind.
These are in no particular order, all at one time or just mixed with ice cream is cool...oh, did I mention ice cream?

What 5 things would I do if I were a billionaire:

1. Pay off all my bills, all my families bills. Set up all my family with a fund that will allow them to work or retire and travel. Their choice.
2. Hunt for all the game I dreamed of as a kid, bear, moose, elk, etc.
3. Travel and see the places I want when I want.
4. Move back to Texas, I'd like to live there a while again, before I die.
5. Buy some ice cream.

5 of my bad habits: What just 5?

1.I smoke cigars and dip tobacco.
2. Chew my fingernails.
3.Procrastinate on some things.
4. Don't see my kids enough. Not near enough.
5. I'm vain. I really don't want to go bald anytime soon.
I shoulda mentioned ice cream in there somewhere.

What 5 places have I lived:

1. Arlington, Texas
2. Princeton, Texas
3. Pocahontas, Arkansas
4. Jonesboro, Arkansas
5. Brookland, Arkansas

5 Places I have worked:

1. Six Flags over Texas, and various other food establishments until I was about 21.
2. City of Arlington - Water Utilities 11 yrs.
3. Had my own Lawn and landscaping business. Worked this and some remodeling for about 5 yrs.
4. Worked for American Airlines5 - 5yrs. Worked at a car brokerage that moved high line cars across the US at the same time - almost 6 years
5. I currently work for Kraft Foods here in Arkansas. I work at their Post Cereal Plant. They just sold us to Ralcorp and I'll be working for them as of August 1st. For at least the next 2 yrs. - 11 yrs for Kraft.

5 People I could Tag....you gotta be kidding? Everybody I know that blogs has already done this. I'm the bottom of the blog pool. How's this? I tag myself 5 times. When you get through reading this read it 5 more times, cause I just tagged myself.

Hope you all enjoyed this and stop by again sometime....Oh did I mention I love ice cream.

1 comment:

Romack said...

I have always wondered, do you like ice cream? It isn't apparent...

Thanks for doing this. We're gonna' call you guys tomorrow...have been a little tied up with the goings on in Nacogdoches. Love ya'll.